Our firm provides following tax services by a U.S. Certified Public Accountant:
U.S. individual income tax return (Form 1040) preparation
ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) Application – Passport certificate sevice is now provided.
- Tax consulting and planning
Amending previously-filed tax returns and FBARs
Filing delinquent tax forms
U.S. payroll calculation
Any other tax matters
The following will be some examples to whom we can provide tax services:
- International assignees from the U.S to Japan/Japan to the U.S.
- Short-term business travelers between the U.S. and Japan
- U.S. citizens/ U.S. Greencard holders working abroad
- U.S. citizens/ U.S. Greencard holders who need to file FBAR and/or Form 8938
- Japanese spouses of U.S. citizens
- U.S. citizens/ U.S. Greencard holders who need to mitigate/avoid double taxation by taking Foreign Tax Credit (Form 1116) and/or Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555)
- U.S. military personnel stationed in Japan
- Exchange students from the U.S.
We provide all services in English and Japanese.
Our office is located in Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan. Please feel free to stop by at any time.
FBAR & Form 8938
A U.S. Person who owns foreign accounts or has signature authority is required to file FBAR to FinCEN by April 15 (note: from tax year 2016, due date is changed from June 30 to April 15). Effective July 1, 2013, e-filing of FBAR became mandatory. Failure to report may result in monetary penalty as well as criminal penalty. Click here for more information on FBAR filing requirement.
Similar to FBAR, foreign assets are also required to be disclosed on Form 8938, which is filed together with Form 1040 to the IRS. Failure to report may result in failure-to-file penalty, tax underpayment penalty as well as criminal penalty. Click here for more information on Form 8938 filing requirement.